Sunday, January 2, 2011

January Coats and Blankets

Happy New Year 2011!! Many of us plan for new resolutions, whether it is turning in a bad habit, or creating a new positive in one's life, I felt it would be fitting to do the same with Music For Compassion.  While I will continue my monetary commitment, my daily prayers, and my personal involvement with Sole Hope and Wiphan, I am including Music For Compassion's New Year's resolution to include opening up compassion to areas around me with the hopes of encouraging others to join me.

I am pleased to announce that Music For Compassion will be holding a Coats and Blankets drive during the month of January. For my piano students and their families, I will have a box in my foyer where you can toss in your out grown clean coats, and your gently used clean blankets that you are personally tired of but others may enjoy.

For local friends who are followers, you are included too. Just send me a note and we can arrange for me to pick up your goods to include in my donation box.

The first week of February I will drive the big pile to donate to our Children's Hospital Thrift Store (send me a private message if you want specifics of this location).  One Hundred Percent of the net profits benefit Children's.

There are many organizations that are worthy of our donations, but Music For Compassion has chosen Children's because it serves so many youngsters and their families in our community. Not to mention that my immediate family, my brother's extended family, and my church family have all been personally and positively impacted by this great hospital. To give back, to provide help, to make a difference - no matter how big or small - is the right thing to do.

Join Music For Compassion - come throughout the month of January with Coats and Blankets in hand to donate to Children's Hospital.

Thank you and Welcome 2011!

9 comments:

  1. I have a couple coats and I am sure that I can find some blankets around here. I was thinking I could send them to work with husband at Glacier Park Elementary? He can just leave them in the office for you to pick up. It not we can work something else out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brianne!! Thank would be great!!! I sent you a msg on FB. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, i just saw your comment about our shirts. I'm so glad you like them! You can email me at a_reeves85@hotmail.com if you are still interested. They run true to size and are a women's fit. They don't run tight at all s-xl. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're going to go through our stuff tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!!! I am going to go through our closets toooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still going through our closets....I still have a couple days right?:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Shannon. I will be making the trip on Friday the 4th. =) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete