Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Colors Of Love

I have frequently written about my love for and involvement with Sole Hope. So when it's founder posted on her Facebook page that her daughter was selling Crayons, I could not resist. Because these crayons are not just any crayons, they were made by her sweet daughter who is, I am pretty sure, age 5 or younger.

Why is she making crayons and selling them?
Because her parents are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia, and she wanted to sell something that would help raise funds to bring home her baby sister or brother. Her mom gave her a cute Etsy shop and took a few pictures for her sweetie to market her product. The rest is up to us. To have our heart strings pulled and to make a purchase.

I hope she sells out of crayons. I hope that she sells more crayons that she ever dreamed possible. I hope she sells so many crayons that she is sick and tired of crayons!!
Will you join me in supporting this sweet girl's dream of raising enough funds to bring home her little sister or brother? It's jut crayons. We all need crayons. And if we really, really don't ... then we probably know someone who does. And if we really, really, really don't know someone who needs crayons ... then maybe purchase just to give this cute entrepreneur a spirit of hope. It is for an amazing cause; to bring an orphan child into a forever home.

Join Me? www.etsy.com/shop/quinnscolorsoflove

9 comments:

  1. Here from Shannon's blog. I love what you're doing!! I'm sharing this with my sister, an aspiring music teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Shannons post about you. This is so great!! I love your shirts. How much are they??
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came by your blog and it's great. Wish you lived closer!
    Jill
    www.campfunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from Shannon's blog--I love that you took time to post about the crayons--I am going to order some for my girl's Christmas stockings!! What a sweet idea! Keep being the voice and helping others raise money to bring their children home!! (We are a fundraising family, too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the crayons! I met you at Shannon's house! So excited to follow your blog Linda! Hope to run into you again soon! Brianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. If people want to go to our adoption blog it is: www.toysinmycoffee.blogspot.com
    THANK YOU LINDA!!! You've made Quinn's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this blog (found it through 4 Little Monkeys)! What a great thing you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought my crayons today! I think that is the sweetest fundraiser I have seen. I hope she makes lots of money!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. **Thank You for all of your comments and Following signups. I appreciate you helping me get the word out about Music For Compassion.

    *Thanks, Kelly!! Me too - I hope Colors of Love receives an overload of orders.

    **To all the adoptive families reading and following this blog - I'll be keeping ALL of your journeys in my prayers. God Bless each of you.

    ReplyDelete