Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First Grade Concert

My youngest student is in the first grade at my son's school. I often see my student and her mother during the long line of parental pickups. Last week, with my back turned toward the school exit door, my student's mother approached me and said, "You might want to turn around, Linda. Look at what Tori brought to school."

As I turned, all I could see was the flat bottom of a pink and purple keyboard with walking legs. Tori was carrying it out of the school with mighty muscles. She was the Star Student of the Week and chose to bring in her keyboard to show to her class.

After ruffling her bangs and telling her what a fun surprise to see her keyboard at school (!), I asked her what song she played for her class. Tori replied, "All of them!"  Well, of course!

Her first concert given to her first grade class of twenty-two. How great is that!

Thank you to all who have donated to The Book Exchange. I have a lot of piano books for kids to choose from when moving up a level, or requesting to add books to their current lesson plan. Each student is welcome to take a look and talk to me about the books. I appreciate every book donation.
Thank you, Elania, Brody, and Ana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment